Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Forehead smacked moment 2020

Today I caught myself again, trying to save something so not worth it.  For several months I have considered dumping the old tattered stained, cookie sheet.  After all, I have others to use.  But being parsimonious I kept using it.  Mostly I line it with foil and then toss the layers of foil, I just used it Friday lined to bake some frozen French fries and our salmon dinner.  Tossed the foil, and returned the cookie sheet to the cupboard.  

Well today I took an apple pie from the freezer and set it on the sheet.  For some reason I did not line the dheet with foil.  I have seldom baked a pie that did not bubble over, so I try to prevent an oven mess.  Yet I thought this pie might not bubble over much, it had been frozen since early October.  Who knows why I think the way I do.  


Dirty baked on cookie sheet
I began to smell something dark, burning scent, yep my pie had bubbled over onto the sheet!  Phew, glad I used it or would have had to run the self cleaning oven and open the kitchen window on this 25 degree day.  Even then there woukd have been oven scrubbing needed from the burnt pie filling, sugar...So after the pie was dine, I began to scrub this sheet, using a knife to scrape and an SOS pad to scour.  Not much luck, major burnt on not disappearing.   Jerry asked me why I was bothering reminding me that DO had just mentioned tossing it and using one of my others.  Duh!  Forehead  smack! 


New cookie sheet, rim, unstained
It is not like I do not have others, in fact the twin was right there, beans  sparkling new, shiny.  I have another, even heavier, nicer, but this will be just fine.  I also have a couple other which are not rimmed but are very good, high quality.  So I can toss the nasty worn one out, with no guilt.   I certainly have gotten my money's worth out of it over the years.  

And the Apple pie nicely baked, just waiting to be cut and served this evening.  Notice I put it into foil, so it will not make a mess of the counter tops.  

No comments:

Post a Comment