Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Saturday, January 4, 2020

2020 New Year has begun

Brocade Carolers
Brocade Santa
As I take down and store away the nativities, angels, last of the Christmas decor I look in amazement at all the boxes and shelves full of stuff, I ponder, can this go, the tall carolers under lamppost that I just stuck beside the ironing board this year.  Bought them here at a craft show maybe 10 years ago,dressed in  golden brocade, they are lovely, so they return  back to the corner of the Christmas storage closet. I wonder if I ever again will feel the spirit and really  be thrilled to decorate.  This year, I plodded, feeling amiss,  but knowing well if I did not decorate I would feel worse than a Scrooge, a Grinch in my own skin.  Yet when there is no one who comes by to see anything, why bother, yes I know I do it for us, for me, trying to recapture my spirit.    
Our tree 2019

Somewhat better here, with Jerry, the redosing with prednisone and or the saline nebulizer treatments have helped, most of his coughing  has lessened especially the raucous bouts and he sleeps through the night without awakening to cough.   He has more energy and even decided to come downstairs on New Years Eve to the TV/man cave room.  Although that meant he needed to use a big tank of oxygen returning up the stairs, at least he did it.  And  after I took the tree down, he even ran the vacuum cleaner.  More alive and not sleeping all afternoon.  Dare we hope he has turned another corner?  Still his breathing is difficult and he is on higher level of oxygen than he wants.  His goal is to decrease the prednisone to 5 daily and then off again and see what happens.  

This below is making the facebook rounds of encouragement,  I am not so sure, I have heard all my life that we need sunshine and rain, bad to appreciate the good, etc, but it seems to me that after a lifetime we could enjoy more smiles and less winsomeness


. And now I must return to my task today before I waste all the time sitting here at computer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment