Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

2020 New Year same activities

Jerry with Florence, Dianne and Marian Dianne's daughter
I continue to try to divest, toss, and when lucky share with those who can and appreciate my pass alongs.  Today it is more photos, which I scan first and will send along to granddaughter.  Found some from 1997, Newcastle, CA when  we hosted a surprise 80th birthday party for Jerry's mom, Florence..  It would be the very last time he and all his siblings were together with their mother, but who knew what twists life would take back then.  Well, this photo shows that indeed Florence was surprised, it was easy, she suspected nothing, not even when her daughter Dianne came from southern CA with her daughter.  Well Dianne, died in  2005. 

 But I decided too send this photo along to granddaughter after all this too was her family, although she along with her father know nothing of this side.  Maybe someday in life she might wonder or stumble across this side of her heritage.  I think it is just  awful how Allen's  mother destroyed this entire paternal side for him,. although Florence tried to keep the connection.  All water under the bridge.  But as I continue with my  genealogy postings onto Ancestry,  and am contacted by others searching for their links into our families from multiple angles, I  think that someday, perhaps our grand daughter will be curious, might want to know.  The ties are not all that wonderful, some things and connections are not ones we would choose, it is not all pretty, but neither is life and  perhaps another generation or so removed... who knows.  What really is interesting about this photo besides Florence's melt down, she had never had a big surprise party in 80 years, is that Jerry is sporting what  he often grew on his face in winter in CA, his beard like facial hair.  I never did like that and was always glad when he shaved it off.  

1997 January Florence with Janine helping 
  Janine was there at the party and finally happy when she was able to lend her hands to helping her great grandma open presents.  But she will not remember that, still there is a photo.  I think that was in the last batch that I sent her.  She did express that she really enjoyed those photos and was inexplicably emotional over the old photos, of course those were primarily only of her and her parents.  I find that positive.  The emotion is important. Often there are sayings making genealogy rounds that we pay no attention until it is too late.  I know for me, I sure wish I had someone to ask about family things, but I am the last link. Maybe this will ignite in her a desire to know, there is an awful lot of Jerry's saga that neither of his children know.  I suppose they do not care.  But someday it will be too late.  

Marian Herndon Dianne's daughter, Al, Angel, Katie Larson
This photo which I am also sending to Janine has of course her parents, DIL, Angel staring adoringly at husband Al.  But for Janine, I want to plant the seed,  here are other relatives, so far everything has been your mother's side or your father's in SF.  There is more,  Marian, Dianne's daughter would be Janine's cousin, they would have met in Riverside at Florence's burial.  Katie is Janine's aunt, Rod';s wife.  Many years back when Janine visited us here alone they were here too.  They too were at Florence's burial.  So life holds more than the closed circle they have experienced.  I suppose as Jerry said,  what can we expect, Allen's mother raised him with nothing good to say about Jerry, she was and is a despicable person.  It is a wonder Al finally found out for himself.  Yet all the rest, well water under the bridge.  And old photos exist.  

Another friend and I were discussing how this type  of information will soon cease to exist.  Today all photos, mine included are by smart phone, I never make prints.  I do not want them.  What to do with what I have?  Yet, years along, how will people look back and remember, will they, will it matter or is all water under the bridge the way it will be. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment