Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Friday, January 10, 2020

Blah again but fresh salmon tonite

Down the side of the driveway, picture not from yesterday,
 but it shows  some of the long walk....
Yesterday:  Thursday,  Such a wasted day, but to be positive, I had no need to leave our warm comfy home.  It was wet this morning, as predicted although I never saw it rain.  And sleet, yep, there it was...as I stepped out to take a letter to the mailbox at the end of the driveway it only took me a couple steps to realize  I needed skates for the ice glaze,  this was a very deceptive coating, and yet we had been warned by weather forecasters..So I walked down the grass side.  I was  mailing a card to a local friend who is recuperating in a facility now from hip surgery after her second fall in a year.  Like that's all I'd need to dump myself.  So I made it....these days the mere idea of falling and breaking scares the hell out of me, as someone told me, old folks do not bounce when they fall, they break and despite my striving to maintain physical fitness, the chronology of 75 years is a fact.  Yes my bone density is outstanding to which I can only thank my genes because I have never been a milk drinker and likely did little to build these good bones. I am responsible for and doing it all here, I must prevail, and go on.  No choice. The newspaper and news showed several bad accidents where folks spun out into  poles and worse.  A semi jack knifed toward Madison on I 94 blocking the interstate for a couple hours.  So again, thankful for the little things, that I did not have to emerge and have a warm, safe home to stay put in. I have enough to do, caught up on some financial work onto our Quicken for year end data.  Sometimes I feel like I am back at work again, only then I had a staff of 300 some and did not have to do data entry nor analysis myself.  Much as I can grumble and I do to myself, I know I have a thankful duty too.  
Raw Superior fresh salmon, ready for
 slight dose of EVO and rosemary

Same meal in November, Friday night special here
Superior Fresh Salmon.  this pic
Except for  real SF sourdough tonite
Today, Friday was a better day and began with a zumba workout at the Y.  We had a new  young lean instructor today and for the first time in weeks I really worked up a sweat.  Then it was a grocery store stop at Festival where I picked up some Superior fresh salmon for dinner tonight, at $15.99  per pound the woman next to me at the counter, watching me buy it was astonished.  But I told her it is worth every penny, fresh  aqua ponic  farmed in Hixon, WI, where they do know what they are doing, no massive dirty fish farm there.  My local butcher friend Pete there  had just put it out, said they had just gotten it off the truck 30 minutes ago and laughed that I must have a 6th sense about when they deliver because at many times I have followed the fresh deliveries.  There is nothing like fresh.    I also enjoy the Superior  fresh lettuces and mixed greens, I pay a little  more than the bagged commercial versions, but it is worth it to me.   Check out this link to their website  https://www.superiorfresh.com/  even better watch the you tube link, marvelous.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihL6RwpKpzA  There is  a personal reward to me to buying very fresh, high quality foods.  

 When we cannot get fresh sockeye flown in from Alaska Copper River, the Superior is the best.  We eat at home all the time now and so I feel no guilt at treating us to exquisite meals.  It will be simple to do besides, roast in the over along with some fresh frozen fries and I have coleslaw and good SF sourdough bread.  Wine for me and a gourmet feast another night..  At least I do enjoy cooking, just wish Jerry were  a bit better and not having the unpredictable coughing spells so I could invite friends in to share with us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment