Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Saturday, August 18, 2012

When you start to notice things


Door off the sun porch, 4 season room has been bugged
 A friend and I have gone buggy this year, she knows who she is....2012 is our  self proclaimed year of the Lady Bug .   I'm not sure how it all started, maybe with the pins, maybe with a comment maybe because the bugs are red and black and that was our high school colors and we will be celebrating a 50th High School Reunion in PA in September but it has been fun and we still have months to go.  She even found a ladybug hose for me, which is quite welcome outside this year where we had to water more than ever before in a MN summer.   

Now others who have become aware that I will buy most anything tasteful, because we are  rather diva-ish in our ages, with lady bugs on it are helping me, looking out  for all things ladybug decorated.   A long time dear friend  from CA recently sent me unannounced two pair of great ladybug socks, one pair to share with my other buggy pal because Sandy knows I like to share.  That generated a comical episode as I dashed off an email thanking Carlie for the socks.  My gratitude set her to head scratching because she had not sent me any socks since  winter when the 3 "monkey" matched style buggy knee hi's arrived, perplexed, she  emailed right back, "I must be losing it...."   My quick look at the package receipt showed it had been purchased by Sandy in CA and so the fun began.  Confusion and laughter. Jerry pitched in to say, "..don"t admit anything, just let her wonder until we get to PA in September." But I'd already fessed up.  After I called Sandy she explained she'd sent  two pair, one for my friend which was interesting because that is what I thought I would do when I saw two duplicate pair, but at first I wondered why Carlie sent me two pair.   

For a short respite I had given up, I could find no more lady bug things at least nothing I thought tasteful enough to  add to our mutual collections.  So I painted a couple stones to send her.  I have not painted stones for many years, something I did back in CA when a group of friends mutually declared we would only give home made gifts.  Wanting to indulge in something different, I painted sayings and roses on stones. 

Now our lady bugs, are showing  up in the most unexpected places.  I mailed a herd of bug items off  forgetting I had something else on order which arrived the day I mailed the first group.  Our lady bug phenomena has gone to another level, analogous to what happens when you buy a certain color or model vehicle and  then see it on the road.  Did you ever notice how that happens, suddenly that car is all over the place. Where before ladybugs were hard to find amid decorative items, they are now showing up. 


This is one of our favorite brands of ice cream.
And the Lady Bug flavor was irresistible
Caramel and chocolate swirls, two delicious additions to vanilla
  Last night I served  Lady Bug ice cream.  I have no idea why the Cedar Crest brand so named it and I cannot send this to Carlie, so she will have to just see the photo on this post.  This was new to me and I am wondering how many more lady bug related or named items will show up in 2012, Year of the Lady Bug.  I do have another ladybug project underway which will take  time as I am adjusting and tweaking a design.

4 comments:

  1. Leave it to you to be in a contest and to not want to give up,...same old competitive Pat that we know and love. Hope your pal knows what she bit off...When you guys heading west? Miss ya tons. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady bugs are 'tolerable' but in the final analyses they are still bugs . . . or beetles, or something I'd rather not find in my plate.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post, Pat, but can't say that I go buggy over any special bugs except to find praying mantis and cicadas rather interesting, but don't plan to collect any of them and not sure any merchandiser has offered anything, unlike the ladybug which seems cuter even in doodles and cartoons. That ice cream sure did sound delicious with most of my favorite items included.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny thing when we bought this home and were here one October, I thought it "cute" a sign of good luck that there were ladybugs in the basement in corners, here and there. I learned those are not LB, they are the tiresome box elders that try to move inside in the fall. We have since sprayed away each fall and do not welcome them. They were too orange to be an LB, but I thought maybe their colors faded in MN. Now annually at the first sign of them, we call the exterminator...

    ReplyDelete