Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Friday, November 11, 2011

100 Sepia Saturdays and a mystery woman (Click here to the Sepia host site)


The centennial post of Sepias is here!  And I return to the celebration with some mystery photos.   The woman  of today is in many photos in family collections from my aunt, grandmother, mother and uncle, the exact same photos but the trouble is none of them wrote who she is/was nor where the photos were taken.  I suppose they all knew her quite well, but now I sit looking and pondering.  Couldn't someone have just written her name once on any photo!  Was she a cousin?  A neighbor, some one who married into the family?  I have absolutely no clues nor anyone to ask.  

So to celebrate,  I offer a few photos featuring this lady, the first  standing under what must be a drugstore sign of some kind.  I suspect from their album placements these photos were taken in the  later 1945 era, post WWII.   Whoever she was, they all had the very same photos so it is odd to see her and ponder, scratching my head as I search the names in the genealogy.

Mystery woman of  family albums
Too bad the poles block the drugstore name as that might give me  a clue.  She is an attractive one, with those waves and curls to her hairdo and dressed nicely, even in the following photos which appear to have been taken the same day at an amusement park of sorts.  Neither location nor the men are identified, adding to the mystery. Because the men are there and she with them all I feel it post war time.

Here she stands  at the railing by a small pond with the rowboats.
She has jacket and purse in arm, ready for a day of it, dressed to the nines.


If she had been only in my aunt's albums I might have thought her to be a girlfriend, someone from the factory who worked with Aunt Jinx. The odd thing is none of my family appear in a photo with her, only more unknown people, same photos in all albums.  Where was she, did she mail  these photos to all of them?

3 Mystery men at  the same amusement park
Three unidentified men stroll here in what I believe is the same amusement park.  None of them are familiar to me but she knows them.  Could the one to the far left be her brother, their hair looks similar?  Maybe she was an amusement park stalker?

Here she is with someone who looks like he will take a turn at the
"U Bust Em" in the booth behind them.
This man resembles some of the Janosky clan, my great aunt Mary's sons.  Notice the  attire of the folks in the background,  the ladies in heels and dresses and one wears a hat. But our mystery girl sports slacks.

Here she is back at that pond railing with one
of the three men in the other photo
I do recall one photo I shared many Sepias ago which several of you identified as likely some sort of pageant.  I wonder if it is the same woman, what do you think?  Hair looks similar, but I am unsure of the facial features.  She too is a mystery in the family albums. 

Clueless I remain and other than offering these photos to our centennial celebration, I really don't know what else to do with them.  They were enjoying themselves and so we host them in our celebration!

As usual click on the title to this post to go to the Sepia Host site and  enjoy all that others share. 

18 comments:

  1. Put some of these on Facebook and ask for feedback from your family members. It just might work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosaria, such a great idea, but I am the one left with the memories and the family history...on Mom's side they all faded. My blog does go to facebook now, so maybe, but such a great thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I thought the last picture looked like the same person, but I'm not sure about the facial features either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an intriguing mystery! My parents met at Mardi Gras. There were photos of them with others. My parents would look at the photos and go back in time with stories. Maybe there is someone on FB who connects to that day.

    Thank you for stopping by and your interest in "Remy Broussard's Christmas." Yes, you can send the story as a gift. First, bring up the book on your Kindle. In the right hand corner there should be an option to purchase as a gift. You will need that person's e-mail address. I called Kindle (1-866-321-8851) for what I just related. If you have any problems, please call as they have a super support desk. (To my surprise, when the girl who answered the phone pulled up my book, she said she was buying it to send to her mom.) Thank you, Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I hope you discover the identity of the mystery woman. She certainly is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mystery and Sepia Saturday sit together like old friends. In many ways all old photographs are a mystery, even when we know the identity of the subject. Thanks for bringing us mysteries in your Sepia Saturday posts, thanks for contributing to the success of Sepia Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat, I tried to send a copy of Remy to a relative and had a problem. So, I called the number above. This works: Google amazon.com On the page, to the far left, you'll see an orange merchandise box. Look down until you see Kindle Store. Click here. Type in the book's name in the empty, long box to the right of the little box that says Kindle Store. When the book pops up, click on the title. A choice to send as a gift appear, and it's easy to take it from there. Thanks agin for your interest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love a good mystery, even those that sometimes go unsolved. Half the fun is recovering information, or just being happy with the little tidbits that are. Great post, and it's especially great having met you on this grand old sepia blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is something different about the woman in the last photo.

    I am struck by well dressed everyone is at an amusement park! Today you would be surprised to see even one person dressed up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This does look like it could be the same woman. I am fascinated by the clothing in these photos. I wish men still wore pants like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have got me thinking. When was the last time I went to an amusement park? I'd have to go to the seaside to find one near us.
    A mystery woman indeed. I hope you can find out who she is. If we don't label photos there will be more mystery women. But aren't all women mysterious in some way or other?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope that someone eventually turns up some names for you. I have numerous Mystery People in my photo collection too, but have made contact with a lady in Canada who can identify her family members. Never give up! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. How infuriating to see her appearing in so many photos but not know who she is. Isn't that often the case with old photos though? If only someone had thought to write a name!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful photo -- and an intriguing mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. why not upload it to "google image" and let the algorithm do its magic...
    fun post though!!
    :)~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perhaps some distant relative will, at some stage in the future, visit this post and recognise the people in your mystery photos. Or alternatively maybe you will find a similar photograph in some relative's photograph album. One can but hope.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perhaps someone will recognize the location which might also provide some new clues. A great mystery for a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Somehow we seemed to have missed each other last week amongst so many contributors so I’m here to make amends. I do like mysteries but I also like them to be solved, so I do hope you find out who the mystery lady is. I have some photos of a lady, from childhood to adulthood, who was actually the friend of a famiy member, When she died childless the pictures came to us. I wonder if it could be something similar. Oddly there are only one or two where she is with the family member who was her friend.

    ReplyDelete