Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Wednesday, June 5, 2024

More annoyance

St Boniface wrote  "Let us stand fast in what is right, and prepare our souls for trial. Let us wait upon God's strengthening aid and say to him: 'O Lord, you have been our refuge in all generations.'"      These words a[[eared in my daily reflection this morning.  I take them for reassurance as I tackle yet another widow challenge. 

Yesterday I shared this on my FB page and so many commented, many found it humorous. It is one of these tales that will be a funny story someday so might as well laugh now.


This is lengthy. ..And one more reason why I have my daily wine! .I'm proving my Polish stubborness. Jerry's been gone ovr 3 years and I thought I had everything handled couple years ago. But nooooo, MN Energy, the utility for natural gas, sent him a check, last week for $5.25. WTH?? No explanation? Called and finally reached a live person to ask. He said they had over charged the last payment and this was a refund.... I explained that he died in December 2020 and their records would show the account is now just in my name. So why not just apply this to the account or issue the check to me?. More phone clicking while he looked up the account , then he came back and told me the account had been closed and the previous owner was deceased! I wanted to reach through the cell phone and strangle the fool because I'd already explained all that. Frustrated , I repeated. He replied that there was nothing they could do, blah blah blah. I had difficulty with these fools before but they are the utility so I have no choice. After more nonsensical conversation I thanked him for nothing and hung up. So I took the check and the death cert to the bank today, figuring it would be easy to cash! WTH! Noooo, the teller said I had to make an appointment with a banker who would need to complete an estate form for me to sign! I am already exaspertted when I learn I have to go home and do this online, she could not chedule it while I was there nor could someone handle it then! She also offered advice, " perhaps you can call MN Energy and ask them to reissue this to you. " I wanted to scream "I alrady tried that" Then she offered her ultimate wisdom"or since this is such a small amount you could just ignore it" Well I'd already considered that but now I'm pissed! So I have an appt tomorrow. This bank which we have been with since CA used to havegood customer service, no more. If I didn't have all the direct deposits and auto payments set up I would switch...After they closed the big branch and moved everything to their tiny bank in a box things are not the same. I know I am spending more than $5.25 in energy and time on this but nowI will ride my broom through this until I get that $5.25! After that I worked in the lower garden, prunin, pulling, and cutting limbs then hauled 2 overfull cartoloads down the hill! Being a widow is not for wimps! Time for one of my very best wines!
May be an image of drink



No comments:

Post a Comment