Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Update yesterday & snow

Garage adjustment accomplished
Well the Garage adjustment is minor, the technician arrived today and had to only tighten a bolt, phew, relief.  While he is here, Jerry asked him to fully replace the bottom seal which is now underway.  Really recommend this company, Garage Systems of Lacrosse, reliable, responsive and Reasonable.  Very fortunate.  We had them out once before for fine tuning. 

You can see by the photos that yesterday's snow remains.  At barely 30 degrees today, despite sunshine we are not melting.  I did not finish shoveling the driveway yesterday nor the front walk.  With 20 something degrees over night it stuck. 

My XT 5 Cadillac
Now if the top antenna is minor on the XT ,  is it too much to hope?  Jerry checked it out and says appears to be an eady fix.  However we have yet to go to the Dealer.  Yesterday I generally was down on myself, moping and wondering what is wrong with me.  Jerry is probably right, I am over doing, must slow it down from my warp speed.  My friends agree and on FB several shared similar experience, it is reassuring to not be unique.  Misery really does love ccompany.  Yet I am known for 2 speeds, on or off, no in-between.  I have lived, thrived, as a juggler, multi tasker, attributes that contributed to achievements and success in my career days.  Today, I say to myself, "OK Self, you have done it this time.  Listen up, slower.  Remember you are no longer, 50, 60 nor even 70 years old,  remember that Self."   This is sobering because in a week I will be marking natal day at 75% of a century.  Often people cannot believe I am that age, because I am in good shape and my Polish genes look good.  But it is true and I acknowledge my stamina is less than it used to be.  Life is a challenge and getting old is not for sissies.   I copied the meme below from another friend on FB.


No comments:

Post a Comment