Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Friday, December 20, 2013

Sepia Christmas week 208 Dec 21--27, 2013

A very Merry Christmas and  Happy blessed New Year to all Sepian colleagues wherever you are in the world this season..finally a prompt that I just could not allow to go unanswered....

Every year with the postage increases, now at 46 cents, I consider "this year fewer Christmas cards to send out."  All the old folks who most enjoyed them are all gone now and today the people who keep in contact with us do so by text, email, Facebook or by cell phone. Sure the total number is down, yet annually, there are some with whom I  am compelled to exchange cards and this year a total 59 recipients indicates the number is growing again adding folks we meet on our travels and well, we live across the country from our many friends who have also moved around.  We are mobile in retirement. 

I have fully realized this year that our treasured friends are really our family.  This year we had a photo card pulled together to commemorate our Alaska adventure and our 46th year of marriage; really could not have done it without the expertise and software of a local friend, Ann who was able to crop out, edit and fix our photos to display just the two of us.  In every photo we took in Alaska, no matter how hard we tried to avoid it,  someone would be there, I suppose that happens on tours.  Fortunately, Ann has professional skills and software so she performed magic making our 2013 card just the two of us.  Because we only bought 40 of these at 90 cents each, some received another annual greeting card.  But here, Sepians is our 2013 greeting, which I share with you.   



Left to right starting on top, first  Jerry next to an Alaskan moose carved and assembled from trees, the two of us at the sign entering Alaska after a trip deep into the Yukon (Ann cropped 30+ others out of this), bottom it was raining in Anchorage when we arrived, middle is somewhere near Fairbanks (again Ann deleted all the extra people) and last is in Syracuse New York in May at the Good Sam Rally on our way to the rehitching ceremony where despite the thousands of couples renewing vows in a mass ceremony, we did not beat the Guinness records...ah well, this was 46 years for us and time to renew vows.  Here's my little secret, at our 1967 ceremony I was so fraught that I never said "I do"  and here in May, a potty call which was far from the seating was uppermost in my mind, so I did not say "I do" again..Jerry laughs and reminds me that the third time is the charm..

But there you have it a Very happy holiday season however  and whatever you do or don't celebrate, warm wishes....until 2014 Sepians.  The following is the link to our community of Sepians....warmest wishes, bloggers all.  http://sepiasaturday.blogspot.com/2013/12/sepia-saturday-208-christmas-new-year.html


10 comments:

  1. And to you and Jerry, too...bravo on your 46 years...that's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know what we should have done with the photos from our 50th anniversary - but now it's 5 years to late.
    Hope you both have a great Christmas and New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too late, Bob, use those photos whenever, 50 years congrats...that's our goal and one to reach for!

      Delete
  3. Have A Really Good Christmas Patricia
    I ditto Deb's Bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas. What a lovely way to celebrate the year. Your friend did a great job editing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a privilege it is to receive it Pat. Happy Christmas/Anniverary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A card does not have to be printed to be appreciated. Very nice and congratulations for a fine record anyway. Best wishes for a joyful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat, congrats to you and Jerry on #46 and Pat and I have many years to go to even come close as we marked #14 this past Aug. Your holiday greeting was very lovely and worth the extra effort. I still enjoy doing cards, despite the even increasing postal costs. E-cards are something I do not do as the personal touch of addressing and writing in a card for Christmas, birthdays or "just because" is enjoyable for me. I too feel people enjoy being remembered and getting some "real" mail. Alas, postage costs will increase (again) in Jan so time for me to get a few "forever stamp" books saga in.
    Wishing you both a very wonderful New Year filled with many more adventures, fun and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much Bea (Dorothy) we displayed your beautiful card from last Christmas again this year...and yes, I'm going to stock up on some forever stamps too. For all the good it will do, well anyway some savings..they say the new increase is only "temporary" for 2 years. Then what? It will likely increase more! Hah!

      Delete
  8. Merry Christmas and soon a Happy 2014, and keep on enjoying and sharing your travels with us here. The Alaska photo montage is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete