Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Simple reset and all is well.....hmmm

Sky at Mt. Top Tarentum night before
All is well with my electronic  gadgets once again.  A quick trip to the local Verizon store with a simple reset there got the tablet to running easily, perhaps I shoulda' tried that instead of the dirty words I used.  Really I did not know about that, as most of you know electronic devices no longer come with instructions printed, they are all online.  Yes, well when you cannot  get them online to access the directions you are up the old creek without a paddle and/or even without a boat!
We had a rainy day yesterday here in PA, what else is new, when we are here we ususally have rain.

Jerry has a sore throat, he says no big deal, but I flash back to last October on our southern trip where he ended up with  almost pneumonia.  So he will stay put at the motor home today while I am out and about with friends. 

Here we are at Beermuda,  left to right around the table
Linda, Pam, Carlie, Jerry, me and Peggy
We had a fun gathering yesterday despite the rain at a new place to us, Beermuda, local on Freeport Road.  What a great place to eat and sample all sorts of beers.  I enjoyed a pumpkin ale and then a framboise...even sampled the banana brew.  Jerry being a purist stuck with Budweiser. Their drafts change all the time and well, you just have to go there to see for yourself.   All the food was overly plentiful, and the amazing thing, nothing not even the delicious french fries that some had on their salads were deep fried,  a healthy choice, baked and no one complained.  I downed a half steak hoagie ala Philly style but with a blue cheese dressing ummmmm.  Jerry's pulled pork was a mound too high to even try to bite down as a sandwich but he worked it with fork.    I bought a personally selected and mixed up 6 pack to take home including a brand "Wild Bitch."  We all agreed this is a great place to meet.  Linda says they go there frequently; Dayna could not join us as she had a leak in her  kitchen with the rain and that required sitting and waiting.

In the sunshine interim yesterday afternoon, we went to Greenwood cemetery to see all my people.  Then we went over to St. Mary's where I tried to find other older family graves, there was no one at the site  but roaming I did find a few by accident, however not the ones I wanted.  Oh well, another trip, those folks aren't going anywhere.  

1 comment:

  1. Glad to read that all the tablet needed was a reset and you are so right about nothing coming with instructions or user guides anymore. I have had my iPad tablet for over a year and have to admit that it has come in very handy. It's not that I am an Apple fanatic, nut confess to having enjoying this electronic "toy" and I had a gift certificate which helped with its purchase, which was nice. Glad to read that you are having a fun time in PA and hope Jerry feels better.

    ReplyDelete