Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Back North out of this heat

It has been a lot of fun here in DuQuoin, IL at the Fleetwood Motor Home Association Rally and reuniting with friends made last year in WY at the first rally of this group, BUT, this heat and humidity is absolutely not for me....no way no how, not now, not then!  When we chose to relocate out of CA I drew the line at humidity with self awareness that it was not something I could tolerate.  I do not like heat either but then so many use that excuse, "well it's dry heat.."  Forget it, I lived in 100 degree Sacramento sweltering  while being dressed daily in suits and panty hose and it's just as hot! 

I appreciate  four seasons  so would not want  a perpetual summer.  You may remind me of that when it gets frigid this winter and if we are immobile in MN.  But this heat and humidity would find me inside like a mole in the air conditioner which makes my throat tingle after a while, and without gardens.  So places south were out of the question  for retirement relocation although I love TN.  This week in southern IL has confirmed wisdom.  We get that white fluffy stuff that has to be shoveled in MN in the winters but it is not oppressively hot so I will be happy to journey back north!.

But another comment  has arrived, on my blog from my 2nd cousin's grand daughter who found my blog looking for information on her ancestry and her great grandmother in particular. I wrote about my Great Aunt Frances Mroz back several Sepia Saturdays ago  and my Great Aunt Francie is  Amber's great grandmother.  Trouble is Amber did not leave a way for me to reply to her request and her astonishment about finding family information on my Sepia Saturday posts.  I have had such success with these hits and expanding our family base. 

So I am taking time to post to the blog in hopes that Amber will return and send me her email address to establish contact.  Odd that she found the blog and commented but did not leave a way to reply.  I hope she follows up and reads this so I can pass along information to her some of which she can glean from my blog.   

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that heat was not tolerable. I would open the back door and our little dog would go out then turn around and come back in again. I bet the conventions are fun. I didn't get posted for sepia Saturday this week and need to get caught up on it.

    ReplyDelete