Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Friday, July 24, 2009

PA Updates on shortman

Finally at the local library 'puter. Enjoyed a great meal and visit last night with Carlie, Pam. Bev, Kathy & Sam (Kathy's brother who accompanied us for Jerry's benefit...so Jerry would not have to listen to all the women.) Rich stopped by too, my old friend, attorney, etc. Who is always good for advising Jerry that he can represent him here in PA! Kathy asked me earlier that day, "Is Jerry going?" To which I said, "well if he wants to eat he will!" So she suggested Sam come along so he could have someone to talk to. That was nice, but actually Jerry is getting quite used to these PA gatherings with my friends. After 42 years with me he doesn't get worked up about much....

Except when he goes into what I call his Jerry-Bob-Jerry mode. Sandy knows that's the combo of her Bob's spirit with Jerry! Both small men, with big attitudes at times. Jerry would not listen to my advice to not pack those clocks until the estimator came. "No it's fine. When we moved Mom from CA she left all her drawers filled." My comment, "But that was different, it was clothing, not valuable heavy antique clocks." "Well I know what I'm doing. And these are my clocks, Jinx wanted me to have them remember!" Oh yes and I know he's quite proud of them! I am destructively anti-mechanical and realize my own limitations! For some one on a retiree schedule which is not at any special time, I'm amused at his fascination with clocks. Likely the mechanical thing again. Who knows why? watches.

So Jerry spent a couple days packing the antique clocks securely into the dresser drawers of the antique bedroom set we'll be shipping. When the estimator from Wesleski Moving arrived she said the clocks could not ship in the drawers but must be in separate boxes. That set off the short man Jerry-Bob-Jerry who "knows what he's doing." He proceeded to show his packing job to which she turned a blind eye! This annoyed him no end, and he amply expressed his displeasure. To which I glared at him, like, "shut up....she's the expert. Let it be." Oh no. Has to get in the last word. Finally he departed to the basement to check on a load of clothes in the dryer. I apologized to Mary Ann and we both laughed, "it's a guy thing."

I have not seen this behavior since his actions with our contractor when addition was underway. It surfaces periodically. Would not tell him, but it's the short man complex in action!

Same with my friend, and attorney, Rich. Wonderful guy, but the same stature as Jerry and quite capable of displaying the shortman attitude. What is it with me and these guys!

Oh of course Jerry did not let it go. The next day when he went to their office to pick up the boxes, he talked to one of the guys....who agreed with him and said, "ah that dumb broad" or whatever name it was...So now even though he has repacked the boxes with the clocks as advised, under protest. He is once again right! After all the guy, an older guy (translate knows what he's doing, been in the business forever) agreed with him. "We like to have the weight in the drawers. Look at all this paper I have to shred from packing...waste of time." Ahh, male chauvinists at work.

Otherwise things going as well as can be expected. Unfortunately the TV in the motor home has given up! This is not amusing as it's only from 2007. The TV works in the bedroom but not the big one in the front. Ahh there are worse issues to deal with. Will handle it when we get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment