Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Friday, November 14, 2014

Sepia Saturday 254 Wading the waters 1975

Back after a long absence with a couple 1975 photos, from which  color is fading.  We took many camping trips over the years, especially while Steve was growing up because we wanted him to see a lot of the country.  In 1975, living in California,  we were on our way to the Calgary Stampede in Canada to meet friends who had gone a week ahead of us.  One of our stops was at Flathead Lake Montana where there had been overly abundant rain and lots of flooding.  However, this made for good swimming weather and as I recall it was mighty hot so we welcomed the chance to dip in and cool off. 

 I must have been quenching my thirst as well because you will see, I merely stepped in with glass in hand, ice clinking.  Steve was all of 11 years old at the time and  helped me wade out before he swam off.  Not sure where Jerry was while this happened, likely he was taking the photos from back onshore.  I don't know whose dog observed nor who the tube floater in the upper left corner was...nor what Steve found to  maneuver with later in the water after helping Mom


OK Mom, I've got ya

One of my chubbier times, drink in hand



Now what's this?
This is my  return to Sepia where we can share our photos to match the prompt or not.  I will enjoy reconnecting with everyone...it's been awhile but we have been travelling. To see what others have matched or not to this week's prompt, go here
http://sepiasaturday.blogspot.com/2014/11/sepia-saturday-254-15-november-2014.html

17 comments:

  1. That 'sand' looks a bit rough, yet you're walking on it in bare feet? It looks kind of rocky, but that might just be the way the sun's hitting it in the picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a rocky lakeshore and I guess that might have been another reason I needed some help, wouldn't even try rock walking like that in bare feet today! Younger then!

      Delete
  2. What a perfect little gentleman your Steve is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you again. And what a sweet photo of Steve helping his mom. I know you love that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered whether the dog had a role in that need for a helping hand from Steve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dog might have been waiting to help, you are right,

      Delete
  5. Hello, so happy to see your post, here, but following you on FB I understand how busy life is for you. This is a delightful post, great photos from the 70's, and if only we could be stepping out of the water with a drink in our hand right now! Hehehe, oh shucks it's good to live in a climate where there's real live snow about right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure I guess we just as well appreciate the early snow, it's here with us. Yes, I would be happier with a warm beach right now, but sometime this winter we will get there....

      Delete
  6. My favorite picture was the one on your sidebar of "Me in Nova Scotia, Halifax with Big Guy."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thank you I like that one, too....he would not glance askance, a straightforward guy! We loved Halifax and all the Canadian towns, more later

      Delete
  7. So glad to see you here again (SS)...and I love the beachy-drink-in-hand scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back Pat; you’ve been missed! How gallant your son was, helping you out of the water; a perfect match for the kind gentleman in the prompt picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A sweet remembrance post, Pat, and welcome back from your recent travels. Also, a belated Happy Anniversary to you and Jerry. You both look terrific !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Pat, thanks for visiting my blog the other day. I could not resist your invitation (at the top of the page) I’m your newest follower.
    I can see you are a girl after my own heart, drink in hand a quick dip and back to shore.
    Lovely photos, thanks for sharing them, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, what a gallant young man to help you out of the water like that, although you probably asked him to give you a hand I imagine, and it does look rather rough underfoot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see you back. And glad you keep your son alive through such nice memories.

    ReplyDelete