Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Snow storm of the year, of the decade, of???

Yesterday was a day to stay in and wait out the weather.  After a day and night with howling winds as I have never before heard, here was this morning's greeting.  I guess it is sure gonna be a white Christmas. 

Jerry has been busy out there for hours.  I am thankful he does not want nor appreciate my help, so I stay inside, cook the bacon and take pictures.

What do you think?   Baby it's cold outside and I can use my cross country skis in this!  I need new binders and boots for them. That  well might be the only way to stay atop....this first photo is out our front living room window and the way it looked this morning first thing....snow drifts which covered the drive that had been cleared the day before...so this  is what it is like after a Minnesota Blizzard.  I have not experienced snow like this since the last year I lived in Meadville PA at Allegheny College where the drifts were still  high over my head that May!  Wish I had a photo of that time back in 1963 to share but no such luck, only in my memory.

You know it is not even winter officially yet until December 21; who has their wires crossed the weatherman or the calendar makers?

Snow dunes out the front window

Early this morning it was so cold it was blue, no photo shop touch up on this
Jerry tackling the drive near front, in one day this much more, this was cleared yesterday
Slowly  working down the front drive
 
This is the house where the motor home lives  Look at thedepth
of the snow on the roof!

This is how dug out look toward front, white snow walls

Hydrangea tree along the side is done for the year now
This is how dug out looks in the back

Dusk and it is nearly black and white again without any photo touch up
As the sun goes down the birds disappear from the feeders
I did walk around for about 15 minutes this late afternoon, early evening.  Figured I'd get some outside shots but not for too long, it is maybe  10 degrees out, smells clean and clear but the wind is starting and that really brings on the chill.  I have sufficient pictures now of Minnesota winter and am ready at any time to  head south.  If we can get out!  

 

9 comments:

  1. Great snow pictures. I got a good many during the time I lived in northern michigan. then we moved south.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, little snow bunny!
    I was there for the Blizzard of the Century in 1974 and also for the Blizzard in 1991! I paid my dues. Please take care and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say this was the worst since 1991, Helen...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in the NC mountains, we've had snow much of the day but it's nothing like where you are, thank goodness! Love that sunset shot!
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes the snow in the UK look like a dusting, yet is the worst I've seen for forty years. I could use Jerry's snow blower - it must be easier than shovelling it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some beautiful shot Pat. We had about 3 inches last night. Everything called off around here. We don't do well in the snow. Rural areas are too dangerous for school buses to run. Want to wish you a Merry Christmas, BTW looks like our reading lists are similar.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bob, yes he likes that blower; he also has a riding plow/blower that converts the riding lawn mower, but he likes this walking one better--and way preferable to shoveling.

    QMM I will check out your reading lists; right now I'm reading Bush's "Decision Points" which is good reading and helping me better understand some decisions he made...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been on my mind and in my heart! I nearly freeze just looking. How brave thou are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pat, I heard on the news about the snow that blanketed MN. Seeing the photos on your blog actually made me wish we had at least a little bit here on the VA eastern shore. We had rain all day on Sunday and flurries today. Seems like Jerry enjoys his snow blower - good for him!

    ReplyDelete