Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Monday, March 22, 2010

Magpie tales Week 6 (Click here to read others' posts)

This week almost stumped me fully until I tried something very different.  Likely my  utter lack of handy ability frustrated my inspiration and almost blocked my weekly writing.  I can't wait to read  how others used it.   

Box of tacks awaiting a hammer

To anchor them, with a useful knock.

Left in the box, tacks jangle together

Sharp, pointy, spilling out without form or purpose.


But the tack taken from that box,

Attacked by a hammer’s quick smack

Can fasten, repair, reinforce and support.



Life’s sorrows are like tacks in the box.

Kept jangling together deep in the box of the heart

Sorrows' sharp pointed ends slowly siege the soul.

But sorrows shared with others who care

Are struck by the force of the hammer of prayer

Prayer and concern are the useful knocks

That fasten, repair, reinforce and support the fragmented soul.

17 comments:

  1. wonderful...love the metaphor...and so true...and dont we all need a little fixing up at times...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat

    You may have been momentarily stumped but you were not without a deep appreciation for life's sense of grief and feeling the endlessness of the divine's compassion.

    Joanny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well thought out analogy Pat.
    Love the shape and balance of this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "But sorrows shared with others who care

    Are struck by the force of the hammer of prayer"

    I don't have words. This was simply amazing and lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers and concern go a long way. A wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The allegory of the nails -- nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was was really great you did a wonderful job with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was beautiful .. I can tell by your writing you have a beautiful soul! Lovely analogy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this was very very nice
    you reveal a wonderful heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Pat: Love the contrast between joy and sorrow; most profound. The need for prayer to bridge the gap between these contrasting worlds. Beautiful prose!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You put the two thoughts together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. To all the commentors, thank you from the bottom of my heart! I am amazed that this was so accepted, as I said, I was stumped....it has been many years since I have even attempted poetic prose!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great anology. I really enjoyed reading this. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. In a message dated 3/22/2010 7:41:28 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, pmorrison@acegroup.cc writes:
    [http://magpietales.blogspot.com/2010/03/mag-6.html]

    Pat, I enjoyed the poetic analog. Not sure of the assignment, but apparently you were to "make a box of tacks" speak, so to speak. I'll check out the Magpie Tales when I get back from the church today and see what else is going on. Now this will be on my mind, while I sew on the quilt binding later.

    ReplyDelete