Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Our tea parties




Our Tea Parties
Here in our city of La Crescent, population of 5,000 we had two tea parties. The first on Monday, April 13 inside at the Community Center where about 60 people attended. We collected canned foods for our local food panry at this event to keep with the MN tradition of food for all!

I described this first one in my blog/post to the Tom Sullivan Show where I am an avid part of his Listener's Club. We followed Tom in CA and really missed him in MN. Used to catch him on the computer live stream now and then. But over a year ago while in OK, we picked him up on Fox Talk on the satellite radio. That happened to be his first day on the air; he's moved to New York and hosts on Fox Talk daily from 2:00--5:00PM, our central standard time. That day, I called and was his last caller of the day. We enjoy satellite radio in the motor home and in my GMC Envoy. But with the ability to hear Tom daily, Jerry bought a home adapter to keep up with Tom.

So back to the tea parties....in part I posted to Tom who had posed the question, "What is happening to our country?" "...We've been talking about this very subject . I grew up without a father who was killed in WWII months before my birth; I don't think his life was given to have our liberties taken away by this regime. My hubby was 10 years in the Air force--he says "I did not serve my country to see it come to this!" We had a pre- -Tea Party here in la Crescent, MN organized by a friend who's a candidate for State Senate seat next year...About 60 attended for the 2 hours, not bad for a hamlet of 5,000. We served Free Tea. And here's the brilliance--Gave out free booklets of the Constitution--people scooped those up like candy. We advised they begin to read the Constitution and see just how bad things are. I talked to one man whom I'd met earlier in the year at a caucus--he said he could no longer just sit back. Now he knows he must get involved. I told him, "see what happens when we don't pay attention..."He agreed but said he never expected this." Thought he was insulated here in the Midwest.

By the way, when do you think the last time was most folks read the Constitution?"

To my delight Tom picked up my writings and read it all on the air just as soon as I finished posting, cool! So we had national coverage of our first La Crescent tea party! Tom endorsed the idea of giving out copies of the Constitution--most people don't know how simple and straightforward it is. Read up all!

Yesterday April 15 there was another at the Veterans park. This was fitting because yesterday Homeland Security made news by targeting our veterans returning from foreign lands of being potential right wing extremists and to be watched like terrorists. Disgusting beyond belief!

Mary & Frank Ludwig (He's a professor at Viterbo college in La Crosse) made up lots of games for the kids and carried a colonial, Revolutionary War theme. Mary had a Joe the Plumber game with a plunger and toilet ball--that was quite popular. Joe the Plumber is a hero here. Mary & some of her kids read many patriotic quotes; they did the same reading Monday night at our indoor tea party. I have asked her to present it at a Legion meeting and she has agreed. Their children are getting a real sense of history. It was interesting to watch the local kids get interested in the historic theme. Yesterday we had many young families on a gorgeous spring day in the park, on their way home from work. When the local newspaper took a photo of the children with the home made kites, Jerry suggested thy title it, "Here are the tax payers of the future ...already laden with the Messiah's debt" Doubt they will use that caption though...

Frank, who is seated in the one photo told everyone yesterday that we are all now subversives for attending the tea parties! Their oldest son in the revolutionary tri-corner hat worked the younger boys through drills using sticks as rifles....perhaps preparing them for the world ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment