Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Saturday, April 25, 2009

My new pink look & furniture moving limitations








Just messing with this blog today and decided to trade my dots for spring pink....Not sure how long I'll stick with this pink, but here is my new look. Let me know what you think, I know you will.

This is similar to moving around furniture--something I like to do and something which is now nearly impossible. Our TVs dominate in the downstairs den/theater/bar room and in the upstairs living room because of the cable hook ups, etc.

At least in Newcastle, Ca I could change the living room at times, usually Christmas was my big opportunity. We never had the humongous big screen TV there, but slowly with the satellite dish attachments I found myself prohibited from moving the TV. Still I could rearrange couch and chairs. Neither Jerry nor Steve ever appreciated my efforts at moving furniture. They would each take off for parts unknown to avoid my redecorating. They said they could tell when they would see me standing looking at furniture that I was about to rearrange. Our Siamese cat particularly hated it when I moved things around and would race around the house calling out in a screech, as though alerting I don't know whom "Watch out! Hear ye all!She's at it again!" She would cross her blue eyes and scowl at me for days after I'd rearranged anything.

I used to be able to shove any piece of furniture around a big room. Here, I have met my limitations with some of our humongous furniture that will not move, no way no how. Our dining room set for one is not to be rearranged. Our bedroom is possible but Jerry has repeatedly told me not to even think of it and since I cannot manage that bed and dresser alone, it's off limits. The guest bedroom doesn't appeal to my need to rearrange. Though there too, the queen size bed would be a challenge. Our downstairs TV console takes up an entire wall, accommodates the biggest screen TV, was custom built by Jerry and is going no where. (short shot of this scene above)The huge leather couch downstairs is a bear to move but I have shifted it to an angle at times. The upstairs living room (photo of floral sofa & side chair) decor could be adjusted but there is the trouble of the cable TV. Dang, I never wanted a TV in that room anyway and now it dictates and limits my decorating schemes. I had pictured a formal room where there would only be pleasantries of conversation--I live in a fantasy world sometimes. The reality is we have TVs all over the house; and for someone who hardly ever watched it I find things to turn on in retirement. Well with the hundreds of channels on cable, there's bound to be something.

In the downstairs library/study/computer room I'm limited by the big oak solid heavy computer desk that fit just so into a nook. So it goes nowhere and then again there's the DLS hook up, etc, also through our TV/cable company.

A couple years ago after much looking we bought an immense coffee table with leather top and four mini stools that slide underneath the table for downstairs. Oh it was just the ticket. People could sit on those stools, best of all the stools have room for storing things in them as the lids/seats lift off. I always have things to put in places and those, well afghans, throws, things to wrap oneself up in while vegging out in front of the TV. Well, it was just the perfect table for our big sofa. But somehow during the remodel we shifted that coffee table into the library and there it stays.(see it in action near some of the book cases in the photo)I have made great use of it as my design/cutting table to cut out and lay out sewing projects or other crafty efforts. Three of the mini stools are in the other room with the sofa so folks can put their feet up or use them as end tables, or whatever. Our two leather recliners downstairs are our favorite chairs to retreat to at days end. Mostly both are positioned where we best like them; and since mostly it's us two here we should be where we want to be for seating.

Which brings up another thing--Jerry's corner(photo where the Olympia beer mirror hangs). He has his dedicated corner here just like he did in CA. From that corner nothing is to be touched, not ever, never. Like I said, I know my limitations. But before our company arrived this month I mentioned that if I could move his chair out of his corner we could rearrange the couch, etc. He would not even discuss this intelligently or otherwise. He just gave me that look. End of no discussion. He claims that in 5,000 sq. ft. he only wants one corner. That's not exactly true--he has his own work out room too! Of course it is the only unfinished room in our basement, but what the heck! And he does have that huge house down the hill where the motor home lives and the attached garage--what more does he want!

Now we did rearrange the downstairs bedroom when grand daughter was coming to visit and the upstairs bedrooms were taken by other family. That involved moving the daybed and moving my nordic trac out of that room and tidying up from my projects in progress which can usually happily hide there in any state of disarray, undisturbed until I get the urge or time to work further on them. You can see the floral daybed photo of this room.


Well suffice it that I can't do much furniture rearranging so my creative streak has to come out other ways--like on this blog...that's why we are now in the pink! But looking at the way these photos played on on my blog, I need to do some rearranging...but not right now. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment