Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Did it again


I could not resist--just like Paul's line in Romans 7:15, "the things I don't want to do I do and the things I want to I don't" or something like that. Ancient words still fit today! This past weekend at the La Crosse quilt show, I gave in and added to my collection. (See back in my blog where I swear NO MORE STUFF! (I think I left a loophole for myself that if it really catches my eye, I can consider.

I could not resist this witchy woman. Look at her, on the broom with the cat at her side. Right now she is lonesome in our dining room. The only witch (unless I'm really in a mood!) and the only Halloween representative. We are leaving Wednesday and won't be home over Halloween so I haven't decorated with any of my other trinkets.

Looking so forward to this trip, but the down side is no fall decor to the house, inside or out. Well I did plant 3 orange mums that are blooming in the flower box, but that's it. Around here folks do decorate for Halloween and I love that so I do too.

On Laurie's blog I saw some great Halloween napkins that I'd just love to have --they say "Broom Rides 50 cents" How cool! I'm tempted to take Witchy Woman along in the motor home, but I think there would be objections from Jerry who wonders why I haul stuff like her around to our traveling teddy bears who rule the RV and would certainly object to another creature horning in. Although they have accepted our dual Christmas reindeer (on the windows) who travel year round. So I will enjoy her while we are here and then pack her away until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment