Other blog dominating

Blogger insists on showing my posts and comments to others as my Books Blog, You can click on it to get here and vice versa....the Book blog is just that while this one, my first, original has miscellany

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Why I blog

So often I have thoughts that I think are great....well they are to me. I have to write that down. Or I'll be talking to a friend who says, "you really should write that story." Or I'll tell what happened to me in such a funny way that people are rolling laughing--I believe that if it's funny someday it will be funny today. I've often thought I'd like to write a book, a story, TGAN (the great American novel). Thought I'd start after I retired but not so. I have written pages on different things,events, feelings, etc. Memoirs why not mine?

Retirement move to the middle of the country in 2005 after a 3 year plan is an adventure itself to put into words. So too our construction project of 2006-07. Or how about the Final Slap--how my mother's death in 2004 revealed scoundrels. I never thought it would be. Disappointment and triumphs? How putting it all into God's hands is the only release.

SIL Katie asked me, "Do you blog?" No I didn't. Who knows why I didn't. I can spend hours on the emails. I will generally respond to all my emails and can write at length and likely tell people more than they ever thought they wanted to know/hear.

I've always been one to write--even letters ages ago. Old relatives said they always looked forward to my letters which would have more detail than anyone's. I'd even mention the color of new pajamas for Christmas. Somehow writing is an outlet for me. I like to talk too but I really like to write--let my fingers do the talking. And sometimes there is just not anyone to talk to when I want to. Certainly I don't have the connections now that I did in my career days. I have lost friends and relatives and a few who were my bestest talking buddies. It takes years to build that closeness and here in this midwest vast land of family roots I haven't found so many to talk with. Most are centered in their well established and rooted selves and families. Some are way older, some younger.

A line in the play, "Company" says something like, "We are too old for the young and too young for the old." I feel like that the "squozen generation."

So finally today I start my blog. After thinking about a website and deciding I didn't want to spend $ until I was sure this would not be a novelty, I decided to blog. So here it is world, ready or not.

And besides when we travel I can record our journeys on the RV road. That is as long as we have wireless connection. Another issue to resolve.

2 comments:

  1. Read all that was here, including poem and quotes. Someone once said that every life is a story. So true but, some are filled with excitement and accomplishment and others not so much. Obviously you are one of the former. Now I invite you to read my blog also. Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, thank you for inviting me to your blog. I read with great interest things about your life that I didn't know before. We used to joke about you writing a book because of the silly/stupid stuff in government. But now I really believe you can do it. I didn't realize you journaled; you have the wisdom and humor to really put it together and pull it off. Good luck, best wishes, and forever in His grace.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete